Are you in need of a healthy cupcake recipe for an upcoming event or your little peanut’s birthday party? Look no further, not only are these cupcakes gluten and grain free, but they are actually delicious! I used this recipe from the amazing Elana’s Pantry website for my children’s birthday parties this year. Even guest that do not eat the way we do loved the cupcakes, so much so that they were all gone! There were no leftovers, but that’s always a good sign. It’s also a great way to introduce people to real food and healthy eating.
Here’s the fantastic recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes from Elana’s Pantry:
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt and baking soda
- In a small bowl, blend together eggs, grapeseed oil, honey and vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and blend with a mixer or hand blender until smooth
- Pour batter into cupcake lined muffin pan
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes (make sure bottoms do not get too dark)
- Cool completely
- Top with Icing of choice.
~Makes 24 cupcakes
- Mix the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat, it will start to melt quickly. Keep stirring to avoid burning. Once melted add in vanilla extract and stir. Then take off of burner. Transfer to a glass bowl and place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to harden. Once hardened, use hand mixer to whip until desired consistency is achieved. Then use spatula or butter knife to spread on cupcakes. Makes enough icing for approximately 2 dozen cupcakes.