There are those moments when you are disappointed with something new that you make in the kitchen,,, and then there are those moments when you could kiss yourself for finding the perfect new item! This post is one of those moments, and my family is loving me for this recipe too! It’s become a new regular staple in our house, and it’s super easy to make and delicious! Oh, and did I mention inexpensive?? Yes, you heard me right, an inexpensive healthy food item? What? You mean it’s not a ‘Whole Paycheck’ type item? LOL, no it’s not! It’s 4 ingredients, plus either butter or coconut oil to cook it in. You can make a couple of batches at a time and have them ready to go for convenience. These are a thick tortilla/burrito type wrap, that can be used for so many things… Breakfast burritos; veggie, meat, or fish tacos; sandwich wraps (think gyro style), quesadillas, and are even good just on their own.
The delicious tortillas are made with almond flour and are gluten and grain free. They are approved for cellular healing plan, are vegan (if cooked in coconut oil), and are paleo friendly. You can’t beat that right? But don’t take my word for it, check out our video on how to make these and see for yourself how amazing they are!
FYI… Be patient with your first time making these, it may take you a few rounds to get your stove top temperature and pan just right, but once you do there will be no stopping you. They are super simple to make, like a pancake!
Check out our How-To video for: Homemade Tortillas
1 and ¼ cup almond flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup water
1 tsp sea salt
~Raw organic butter or coconut oil for pan
1) Mix all ingredients in Vitamix, blender, or whisk by hand till thoroughly mixed.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Heat skillet on stovetop over a lower-medium heat. Add raw butter or coconut oil to skillet, then pour ¼ of the mix into pan. It should resemble a pancake.
4) Cook for 2 minutes then flip tortilla over and cook other side for 2 minutes.
5) Adjust stovetop temperature to low/med-low heat as skillet gets warm making sure not to burn tortillas.
6) Repeat cooking the tortilla mix in skillet for each one adding a bit more butter or coconut oil between tortillas.
7) Place tortilla on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! This batch makes 4-5 nice size tortillas. You can also slice tortillas into triangle shapes and bake an additional 10 minutes in oven for homemade tortilla chips!
Favorite ways to enjoy these tortillas: breakfast burritos, grass-fed beef or fish tacos, open face sandwich, sandwich wrap, or toasted with butter and a stevia/cinnamon blend.